Thursday, December 4, 2008

Indianapolis - Day 0

Tomorrow morning, Sandra and I leave for Indianapolis, in order to go to the Colts and Bengals game on Sunday. The trip is a gift to me for finishing university. Sandra figured that we needed to do something special to celebrate and as I have never been to an NFL game, I decided that was what we were going to do. While I am not technically a Colts fan, I am a huge fan of Peyton Manning, so I am taking this opportunity to go and see him play. I picked the game early this year when the NFL schedule first came out and I figured it would be a great game - two high powered offenses, with the Colts at home. Of course that was before Carson Palmer got injured and the Colts decided to underperform. So, I am hoping that it will still be a good game, even if Cincinnati doesn't show up to play.

We paid an arm and a leg for the tickets, as we missed purchasing them when they went on sale, and all the Colts home games sold out fairly quickly. We ended up buying them from Ticketmasters ticket switch site, where season ticket holders attempt to recoup their costs by not attending two games a year. Originally, I wasn't going to spend a lot of money and had picked tickets way up in the nose-bleed section. However, Sandra was concerned she would not be able to see from that far away, so she approved paying more for better seats. We ended up with tickets on the third deck, at the 35 yard line on the opposition side of the field.

I was pretty excited to attend my last class on Tuesday, and the excitement for this trip was building all the way until this evening. While I am done classes, I am not done my last assignment, and after staying up until 2:00am the previous two nights working on it, I really hope I can get it finished tonight, so that I am not working on it while we are in Indianapolis. And to make things worse, both kids have become sick in the last couple of days. Evan has a cold and is teething, while Xander developed a very nasty cough today. He sounds hoarse, his nose is running, his cheeks are extremely red and he keeps breaking out in coughing fits that make him cry. It makes me feel pretty bad leaving them here in Regina.

The rest of tonight will be spent getting everything packed up and ready to go for tomorrow, as well as attempting to finish my last assignment. With any luck, tomorrow evening will just be a relaxing evening in the hotel room.

1 comment:

Robin Berkan said...

Hi guys - hope you have a good time. I'll be praying for the boys that they will feel better soon. Congratulations on your accomplishment, Jay! We are so proud of you! Love you both - Mom and Dad