Sunday, July 21, 2024

Vancouver Island - Day 16

It was a very long driving day, but we made it back home.  I am exhausted, which is normal for our holidays, and the driving really took a toll on my back and various muscles really hurt today.  Hopefully that clears up soon.

We started the day very early and got out of Great Falls around 8:00am.  We drove to the tiniest border crossing ever, near Climax, SK, which was still almost three hours of driving away.  There were virtually no cars on the highway to and from the crossing and we were the only car at the crossing, which was simple and quick.  After pulling away from the border crossing, I said we were back in Canada and all the kids cheered - I don't know why, as it wasn't like we had any problems in the US.  They claim that they were just happy to be going home.

Once back in Canada, I put my cell data back on so that Evan could watch the NASCAR race and we stopped in Shaunavon to eat lunch.  Then it was a long drive back to Regina, unpacking and remembering the wonderful smell of Regina water.

Thus ends our trip for this year.  Fun, but tiring.

No comments: