Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Maritimes - Day 32

I have come to the realization that Ontario is ridiculously big.  All the other provinces can be driven through in a day, but it takes multiple days to get out of Ontario.  Obviously, Quebec is pretty big as well, but no one has any reason to drive through the giant unpopulated area.

We started the day slowly, as we didn't have as far to go today and drove down to the harbour area in North Bay.  After a bit of time watching the water, we went to a nearby heritage area that had a mini-train and a carousel.  We bought tickets and rode both - the train was super fun (for me) and I really loved the yard area they had built for their trains.  Definitely somewhere I would volunteer, if I lived anywhere near North Bay.  The carousel was fun for Sandra.  I'm not certain all the kids (especially the motion sick kids) liked it a lot, though Bradley wanted to go on it a second time, so it must not have been too bad for him.

Then it was back in the car for more driving.  We ended our day in Sault Ste. Marie, in the exact same hotel we stayed in a month ago, and ordered pizza from the same restaurant as a month ago.  They still had me in their system, so I just had to update the room number I was in for the delivery person.

We shall see how tomorrow goes, as it is almost 8 hours of driving to Thunder Bay and we want to stop at an amethyst mine before we get there.  In order to go to the mine before it closes, we have to leave here very early, so it is early bed and early to rise.

No comments: