Saturday, December 28, 2019

Florida - Day 10

I am way behind on my posts because I am tired and because the Internet connection in the house cannot handle 8 teenagers watching Netflix at the same time.

This day started by hanging around the house with everyone and with my smallest child spending an inordinate amount of time in the pool.  Late in the afternoon, we piled into the vans to drive to Tampa for the Tampa Bay vs Montreal NHL game.  We arrived super early because we didn't want to be late and did a little bit of shopping before the game.  Evan was able to pick up a souvenir puck for the game.  After that, we stood in the rain waiting to be let into the game, which they ended up doing a bit early due to the rain.

Upon entry to the arena, we asked where the visitors practiced and then headed down there to secure a spot.  I expected the practice to start earlier than it did, as we stood around for around 45 minutes before the players came out.  Watching practice was fun and we got to see Cale Fleury, one of the Pats from our Memorial Cup team a couple of years ago.  One of the Montreal players even tried to get a puck to the kids by shooting it at the netting and hoping it would fall down behind the glass, but after two quick attempts he went back to regular practice.

Once practice was over, we climbed up to our seats, which were on the second last row from the top, so we were a long way away from the ice.  From there we watched the first period and then grabbed some supper (which cost more than all six of us eating at Magic Kingdom).  The game ended with the Canadiens losing, which is whom my in-laws were cheering for, but I thought it was nice to see an NHL game.

Sadly for me, at the exact same time that I was watching this game, Adam Brooks was starting his first NHL game on Hockey Night in Canada, and I wasn't able to watch it.  I even paid for a month of NHL Live, but the aforementioned Internet problems have meant that I still haven't watched his first game, and I may not be able to until I get back to Regina.


1 comment:

Robin and Dale said...

Glad you got to go see the NHL!