Monday, July 11, 2011

Family and Friends - Day 11

Well, today did not turn out as I planned, but since I am on vacation, that is perfectly OK. Immediately after waking up, Evan started throwing up and he continued for the next hour or so. During this time, I was supposed to be getting ready to go curling, but it was a nice sunny day and I didn't want to prevent the other kids from having a good time at the beach. After some discussions, we decided I would stay home with Evan, so we phoned Sandra's Dad and asked him if he could find someone else to play. Of course, within minutes of doing that, Evan started feeling better. Kids rebound from illness so quickly, sometimes it is scary.

Evan and I relaxed for the rest of the morning and then we all went out to the beach after lunch. The kids immediately jumped into the water, which was quite warm, while I started building a sand castle. WIth the help of two friend's kids, who were also at the beach, we got the castle built around the time that my kids and Colette's kids were done in the water. So, we decided to build an even bigger sand castle. After all of that digging, I was pretty tired, so I just relaxed while the kids used water and feet to destroy the sand castles, which just proves that hill giants are the best war machine, ever.

We popped back to Colette's house for supper and then went back to the lake with the boat. I helped Rick launch the boat and then spent the rest of the evening taking the kids for rides in the boat or in the tube. Xander was extremely adventurous as he asked if he could ride in the tube alone and go fast. He ended up going for two rides and had a great time. We finally went home around 8:30pm, though it is hard to tell when you are this far north, because the sun hasn't even started to set at 8:30. I don't think we have any big plans for tomorrow, other than packing everything up and taking the short drive to Sandra's parents at Turtleford.

No comments: