Saturday, July 16, 2011

Family and Friends - Day 16

Today was our final day of vacation, though as my wife and in-laws have pointed out, yesterday was really my last day of vacation, since I don't normally work on Saturday. I spent the morning building LEGO with my oldest two kids and I built them a castle to play with. I thought it turned out well for just using regular bricks, but people did object to my lack of colour coordination.

After lunch, while the boys curled in the semi-final, we took our kids to the Turtleford Museum. Colette came down from Loon Lake with her kids, so they came along as well. The museum is located in the old CN station and contains an actual caboose that you can go into. We spent a short time looking at all the old stuff in the museum, and then had fun going through the caboose. My kids had a lot of fun, especially sitting up in the chairs in the cupola of the caboose.


Once everyone got back from the curling game, we took all the kids to the giant turtle to get their picture taken. A few years ago, we had a grandchildren picture taken at the turtle, so we decided to update it. Unfortunately, Tyler and Michelle's child wasn't able to be there, so the picture doesn't actually contain all the grandchildren. We may have to Photoshop him in.

We then had a birthday party for Allison and a nice BBQ supper. After supper and giving the younger kids a bath, I won my third consecutive Munchkin game this vacation. While we were playing, Grandma fixed up some mistakes on Evan's haircut and then used a trimmer on Xander's hair, so his hair is now super short. He kept saying that he wasn't Xander anymore, because he didn't look like him. After putting the kids to bed and playing a final card game, our vacation is pretty much officially over. Tomorrow we head back to Regina.

No comments: