Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Family and Friends - Day 12

Today was another simple relaxing day. We let the kids play outside during the morning, had a nice lunch and then let the older two kids go to a local VBS program. While they were gone, Colette helped the two middle kids make cinnamon buns. My excitement for the day occurred when everyone left to go pick the kids up. I was in the house with Samantha, who was sitting in her chair on the floor, when the cat decided to walk into the living room with a mouse. I saw it coming and reached down to pick up Samantha while telling the cat to get lost. It decided that it was going to try and drop the mouse on the floor right on top of Samantha's play mat. I pulled the mat away from the cat, and when it dropped the mouse, I noticed the stupid mouse was still alive.

The cat spent the next half hour chasing the mouse around the big chair, while I tried to keep all the toys and electronics away from it. It did finally kill the mouse, a long time later, after everyone else had returned. After that excitement, we had a quick snack (the aforementioned cinnamon buns) and then drove to Sandra's parent's house in Turtleford. The boys were tired, so it took them a little bit of time to warm up, but by supper time everyone was having a great time. Xander got to go out to the garden and pick some of the onions that he helped plant at Easter time. Jason brought his girls over to visit and the kids all played well together, letting the rest of us visit.

After supper, Grandpa showed the boys the chuckwagon races at the Calgary Stampede and we ended up putting the kids to bed very late. Tomorrow I am actually curling and my entire family is coming to watch me. Should be fun.

No comments: